Java 12 Interview Questions and Answers (2020)
- Q: When Java 12 was released?
- Q: Is Java 12 have (Long Term Support)LTS?
- Q: What are important features of Java 12?
- Q: What is Shenandoah Garbage Collector?
Q: When Java 12 was released? Java 12 was launched on March 19, 2019.
Q: Is Java 12 have (Long Term Support)LTS? Java 12 is a Non-LTS version because Oracle introduced a long-term support model where every three years, or every six releases, a Java version is appointed as a long-term support release. Java 11, released in September
2018, was marked as a long-term support release. That means that the next LTS release after Java 11 will be Java 17 making Java 12 a non-LTS release.
Q: What are important features of Java 12?
- JVM Changes - JEP 189, JEP 346, JEP 344, and JEP 230
- Switch Expressions
- File mismatch() Method
- Compact Number Formatting
- Teeing Collectors in Stream API
- Java Strings New Methods - indent(), transform(), describeConstable(), and resolveConstantDesc()
- JEP 334: JVM Constants API
- JEP 305: Pattern Matching for instanceof
- Raw String Literals is Removed From JDK 12