The Ultimate Guide to Tosca Interview Questions and Answers (2021)
In this post, questions from Tosca Interviews will be answered for Experienced and Freshers. We're trying to share our experience and learn how to help you make progress in your career.
- What is Tosca?
- What is a Tosca Assertion?
- What are the main components of Tosca?
- Why do we need API testing in Tosca?
- What are the advantages of using Tosca?
- How to run Tests using ExecutionLists?
- Is Tosca free tool?
- How do I add test cases to execution list in Tosca?
- What is Test Execution?
- How do you execute tests?
- How do you make a test sheet in Tosca?
- What is control group in Tosca?
- What are Web services in Tosca?
- Is Tosca better than selenium?
Q: What is Tosca?
Tricentis Tosca is a software testing tool used for software applications to automate end-to-end testing. It is developed by Tricentis. To test GUIs and APIs from a business viewpoint, Tricentis Tosca combines various aspects of software testing.
Q: Which language is used in Tosca?
Tricentis Tosca is developed in C# for the majority of its parts. TOSCA is based on the COM Window objects. If you want to code for TOSCAs, you can also use C#.
Q: What are the main components of Tosca?
Following are major components available as part of Tosca:
- Tosca Commander
- Tosca Executor
- Tosca XScan (Tosca Wizard)
- Test Repository
Q: Why do we need API testing in Tosca?
Tricentis Tosca API Scan allows you to test your application programming interfaces (APIs). It's a quick end-to-end tests to verify the performance and error handling of your API. API Scan allows you to perform the following tasks: Create TestCases and Modules.
Q: What are the advantages of using Tosca?
The benefits of using Tosca are as follows:
- Scriptless automation.
- Simple to understand so that the tester can train their team in a slightly shorter period compared to QTP/UFT and selenium. And you can get automation started very quickly.
- Test management and manual testing are also present.
- Reusability of assets
- Model-based automation, user does not need to design a new framework for testing.
- It can run selenium scripts by integrating with HP ALM,
- Mass updates - Tosca offers the same query language as SQL, which is called TQL. Users can use this to modify several tests cases together.
Q: How to run Tests using ExecutionLists?
Following are the steps to run the Tests using ExecutionLists:
- ExecutionLists in Tosca can be executed either by pressing the F6 key in the execution section or by selecting the Run option from the context menu.
- Select the ExecutionLists of your choice using Ctrl + left mouse button to run more than one ExecutionList.
- Check test object is already started before you run the ExecutionLists.
Q: Is Tosca free tool?
Tosca is a paid tool. Selenium is a free tool.
Q: How do I add test cases to execution list in Tosca?
In Tosca you can create ExecutionEntries by dragging and dropping TestCases onto ExecutionLists. Right-click onto the ExecutionList folder My first ExecutionList and select Create ExecutionList from the mini toolbar.
Q: What is Test Execution?
Test execution is the process of executing the code and comparing the expected and actual results.
Q: How do you execute tests?
To create a TestSheet follow the steps below:
- Right-click on the folder in which you want to create a TestSheet.
- Select Create TestSheet from the mini toolbar.
- Re-name your TestSheet as you want.
Q: What is control group in Tosca?
Using Tosca ControlGroups to set the view of your controls to a simple structure. You can use this option for Radiobuttons, buttons and links. You can only use the same type of controls to create your control groups. If you combine multiple ModuleAttributes to a control group, TestStepValues will also be grouped accordingly.
Q: What are Web services in Tosca?
Tosca Webservice Engine 3.0 allows web services to be managed through the Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP). Web services using SOAP (Simple Object Access Protocol) or REST (Representational State Transfer) can be managed.
Q: Is Tosca better than selenium?
Selenium vs Tosca
|Tosca is less popular than Selenium.||Selenium is very popular as an automated testing tool among organizations.|
|In Tosca, scripting is not required.||In Selenium, multiple scripts are needed.|
|For Tosca, the type of automation is model based.||For Selenium, the type of automation is code-based .|
|Tosca is primarily used by the diversified financial services sector, followed by the automotive, metals and mining, airline and education services sectors.||Selenium is primarily used by the internet software and services industry, followed by technical services, diversified financial services, media and communications.|
|For Tosca, the ease of adoption and ease of maintenance are quite high.||In comparison with Tosca, the ease of adoption and ease of maintenance are low for Selenium.|
|In Selenium, the reusability of test data and artifacts is low.||As compared with Selenium, the reusability of test data and artifacts is high for Tosca.|
|For deployment and adoption, Tosca has a dedicated support.||For deployment and adoption, Selenium lacks dedicated support.|
|Tosca has the testing capabilities for autonomous SAP testing, SAP impact analysis, BI/DW testing, test case design, test data management, and exploratory management.||Selenium lacks the testing capabilities for autonomous SAP testing, SAP impact analysis, BI/DW testing, test case design, test data management, and exploratory management.|
|Tosca is a paid tool.||Selenium is a free tool.|