Install Apache Storm
In this tutorial, I will guide you how to install Apache Storm on windows platform.
Apache Storm Tutorial :
- Download JDK:
Use the following command to verify whether you have Java already installed on your system.
$ java -version
If Java is not setup at your machine, download the JDK by visiting the following link. http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/index.html
- Follow next steps from Here
- Install python from Python. I downloaded python-3.9.4-amd64.exe
- Edit the PATH environment variable to include following:
- Edit PATHEXT from Environment Variable to include .PY
Install and Run Zookeeper
Zookeeper is mainly used to track the status of the nodes present in the cluster. Apache Zookeeper is a coordination service for distributed application that enables synchronization across a cluster. ZooKeeper serves as a centralized service for metadata about vast clusters of distributed nodes needing Bootstrap and runtime configuration information, health and synchronization status, and cluster and quorum group membership, including the roles of elected nodes.
To install Zookeeper, follow steps from here and start the Zookeeper from below command:
# Start the ZooKeeper service .\bin\windows\zookeeper-server-start.bat .\config\zookeeper.properties
Install Apache Storm
- Download apache-storm-1.2.3 and extract to the specific drive.
- Configure Environment Variables: Add STORM_HOME and JAVA_HOME environment variables to be set.
Modify storm.yaml file to include following from apache-storm-1.2.3\conf folder:
storm.zookeeper.servers: - "localhost" nimbus.host: "localhost" storm.zookeeper.port: 2181 ui.port: 8090 supervisor.slots.ports: - 6700 - 6701 - 6702 - 6703 storm.local.dir: "D:/storm/datadir/storm"
- Start nimbus.
- Start supervisor.
- Start Storm UI.
- Now, verify that Storm is running by opening http://localhost:8090/ in a browser.
Take a look at our suggested posts:
Test the WordCount Topology
Deploy the "Word Count" Topology, build the storm-starter project from the example available at folder apache-storm-1.2.3\examples\storm-starter.
- Build the storm-starter project from IDE or from the command line as shown below, it will generate storm-starter-1.2.3.jar under target folder.
- Run the program by using storm.py jar as shown below:
storm.py jar D:\apache-storm-1.2.3\examples\storm-starter\target\storm-starter-1.2.3.jar org.apache.storm.starter.WordCountTopology WordCount -c nimbus.host=localhost