Create Amazon S3 Bucket
In this tutorial, we will show you how to create S3 Bucket in Amazon.
Amazon S3 Tutorial :
What is S3?
Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3) is an object storage service that provides industry-leading scalability, data availability, security, and performance.
The service can be used as online backup and archiving of data and applications on Amazon Web Services (AWS).
AWS Core S3 Concepts
In 2006, S3 was one of the first services provided by AWS. Many features have been introduced since then, but the core principles of S3 remain Buckets and Objects.
AWS BucketsBuckets are containers for objects that we choose to store. It is necessary to remember that S3 allows the bucket name to be globally unique.
AWS ObjectsObjects are the actual items that we store in S3. They are marked by a key, which is a sequence of Unicode characters with a maximum length of 1,024 bytes in UTF-8 encoding.
Create Bucket on Amazon S3
Follow below steps to create bucket in AWS S3 and to create credentials to access the bucket.
- Login to your AWS account.
- Go to AWS Console and search for S3.
- Click on "Create bucket".
- Provide bucket name, note that you should keep the bucket name unique in Amazon S3.
- Fill all basic information about your bucket, as highlighted below in image, Unchecked the "Block all public access" for public access to save/delete the files in S3. However you can think of keeping this for production environment and checked the acknowledgement.
- Click on "Create bucket", to create the bucket.
- You can see "techgeeknextbucket" got created.