Top AWS EC2 Interview Questions and Answers (2022)
In this post, questions from AWS EC2 Interviews will be answered for Experienced and Freshers. We're trying to share our experience and learn how to help you make progress in your career.
- What is AWS?
- What are the key components of AWS?
- Is Amazon EC2 IaaS or PAAS?
- What is AWS EC2?
- What is an instance in Amazon EC2?
- How instances are categorized in AWS EC2?
- What is On-Demand Instances in AWS EC2?
- What is Reserved Instances (RI) in AWS EC2?
- What are the categories of Reserved Instances in AWS?
- What is Spot instances in AWS EC2?
- How AWS EC2 Works?
- What are the Benefits of Amazon EC2?
Q: What is AWS?
Amazon Web Service (AWS) is an internet platform that offers scalable and cost-effective cloud computing services. AWS is a commonly used cloud platform that helps companies scale and expand by offering on-demand services such as compute power, database storage, and content delivery.
Q: What are the key components of AWS?
The key components of AWS are
Route 53A DNS web service
Simple E-mail Service (SES)It helps you to send email using either a RESTFUL API call or a regular SMTP.
Identity and Access Management (IAM)It provides enhanced security and identity management for your AWS account
Simple Storage Device (S3)It is a storage device and the most widely used AWS service
Elastic Block Store (EBS)It offers persistent storage volumes that attach to EC2 to allow you to persist data past the lifespan of a single Amazon EC2 instance.
AWS LambdaServerless Computing
CloudWatchTo monitor AWS resources, It allows administrators to view and collect key Also, one can set a notification alarm in case of trouble.
Q: Is Amazon EC2 IaaS or PAAS?
AWS Elastic Compute Service or EC2 is IaaS(Infrastructure as a Service). This is due to the fact that Amazon manages networking, storage, server, and virtualization, while the user is responsible for managing the Operating System, middleware, runtime, data and application.
Take a look at our suggested post on AWS :
Q: What is AWS EC2?
Amazon Web Services EC2 (Elastic Cloud Compute) is a web service that offers resizable compute capacity in the Amazon Web Services cloud. It provides Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) to its consumers (IaaS). It gives you full control over your computing resources, which you can scale as needed.
Q: What is an instance in Amazon EC2?
An instance is a virtual server that runs applications on Amazon's EC2. An instance is a small part of a larger computer with its own hard drive, network connection, operating system, and so on. On a single physical machine, you may have several small computers, which are referred to as Instances.
This instance is operated by Amazon EBS (meaning that the root volume is an EBS volume). You can either pick your own Availability Zone or let Amazon EC2 choose one for you. When you launch your instance, you can secure it by defining a key pair and security group. When you connect to your instance, you should provide the private key of the key pair that you defined while launching your instance.
Q: How instances are categorized in AWS EC2?
Instances are classified into three categorize.
- On-Demand Instances
- Reserved Instances (RI)
- Spot instances
Q: What is On-Demand Instances in AWS EC2?
In case of On-Demand, there are no long-term contracts. They bill you per hour for the compute capacity you use. Companies may scale up or down the capacity of their application based on demand, and they only pay for the hourly rate of the instance they select.
Q: What is Reserved Instances (RI) in AWS EC2?
There is the ability to adjust operating system types and tenancy agreements in Reserved Instances. For EC2 instances, RI offers an optional capacity reservation. When the attributes of an EC2 instance's usage match those of an active RI, AWS Billing applies discounted RI rates. If an Availability Zone (AZ) is defined, EC2 reserves capacity that matches the attributes of RI.
Q: What are the categories of Reserved Instances in AWS?
Reserved Instances are divided into three groups.
Standard RIsThese RIs are ready to be used on a steady stage. They have up to a 75% discount on On-Demand instances.
Convertible RIsThese RIs allow you to adjust RI's attributes as long as you create RI of equal or greater value in exchange. Convertible RIs are also suitable for steady-state applications. They have discounts of up to 54% on On-Demand instances.
Scheduled RIsThese RIs allow you to match your capacity reservation to a recurring, predictable schedule that only takes a fraction of a day, week, or month to complete. Scheduled RIs can be activated at any time within the user's allocated time frame.
Q: What is Spot instances in AWS EC2?
With the support of Spot Instances, one can increase the application's compute capacity and throughput for the same budget, as well as allow new types of cloud computing applications by lowering the cost of the same. These instances allow you to bid on spare AWS EC2 computing capacity and, as a result, are often cheaper than On-Demand pricing.
Q: How AWS EC2 Works?
EC2 handles scaling according to changing needs using the AWS Management Console, AWS Command Line Interface (CLI), or AWS Software Development Kits (SDKs), and makes it easy to deploy virtual servers and maintain storage.
AMI (Amazon Machine Image) has to be created during the setup process, which involves an operating system, apps, and configurations. After launching an instance, the user can choose an AMI template or create one in the console.
Q: What are the Benefits of Amazon EC2?
- Reliability: For each Amazon EC2 region, Amazon EC2 guarantees 99.9% availability. The services are extremely reliable, so instance replacement is simple and fast.
- Security: Amazon uses Amazon VPC to provide the compute resources with stable networking and security. The compute instances are situated in a virtual private cloud (VPC) with a specific IP range. This feature allows the user to choose which instances are visible on the internet and which are kept private.
- Flexibility: You can select from a range of instance types, software packages, instance storages, and operating systems on EC2. EC2 helps one to configure the memory, CPU, and boot partition sizes to suit the operating system and application.
- Cost Saving: EC2 is cost-effective because it enables consumers to configure plans to suit their specific needs. This will allow the consumer to save money and make the most of their resources. The benefits of Amazon's scale are passed on to the consumer because EC2 charges a very low fee in relation to the services they offer.
- Complete Computing Solution: Amazon RDS, S3, Dynamo DB, and Amazon SQS all work perfectly with EC2. This is a full-featured computing, processing, and storage solution.
- Elastic Web-Scale Computing:Within minutes, businesses can easily increase or decrease capacity. They can set up thousands of server instances at the same time. Furthermore, all server instances are operated by web service APIs, which can scale the servers up and down based on the needs.
- Completely controlled: Each instance can be granted root access, allowing users to interact with it as though it were any other computer. The user may use web service APIs to stop the instance while keeping the data on the boot partition and restart it.