Most Frequently asked AWS Security Interview Questions (2021)
In this post, questions from AWS Cloud Security Interviews will be answered for Experienced and Freshers. We're trying to share our experience and learn how to help you make progress in your career.
- What is cloud security in AWS?
- What are the benefits of AWS Security?
- What security measures should take before migrating to AWS Cloud?
- What are the infrastructure security products on AWS?
- What services can be used to create a centralized logging solution?
- Which of the following are benefits of centralized storing of logs?
- What is Amazon CloudWatch logs?
- What is AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM)?
- What is CloudTrail used for?
- What is CloudWatch vs CloudTrail?
- What is the role of AWS Security Bulletins?
- What is AWS Single Sign-On?
- Which of the following are best practices for security in AWS?
- What are three AWS security monitoring and logging evaluation tools?
In this post, questions from AWS Security Interviews will be answered for Experienced and Freshers. We're trying to share our experience and learn how to help you make progress in your career.
Q: What is cloud security in AWS?
With AWS cloud security comprehensive services and features, you can increase your ability to meet core security and compliance requirements like data locality, protection, and confidentiality. You can use AWS to automate manual security activities so you can focus on growing and innovating your business.
Q: What are the benefits of AWS Security?
- Keep Your Data Safe: Strong guarantees are designed into the AWS infrastructure to help protect your privacy. All data is kept in AWS data centres, which are extremely secure.
- Meet Compliance Requirements: AWS is handling multiple compliance programs in its infrastructure. This indicates that portions of your compliance have been completed.
- Save Money: Using AWS data centres will help you save money. Maintain the highest level of security without the hassle of running your own facility.
- Scale Quickly: Your AWS Cloud security scales with your usage. The AWS infrastructure is designed to keep your data safe, regardless of the size of your business.
Q: What security measures should take before migrating to AWS Cloud?
- Data integrity
- Data loss
- Data storage
- Business continuity
- Compliance with rules and regulations
Q: What are the infrastructure security products on AWS?
AWS provides a variety of security capabilities and services to help users improve their privacy and control over network access. Connectivity options for allowing private or dedicated connections from on-premises or an office environment are available. All traffic on AWS global and regional networks between AWS secured facilities is encrypted as part of infrastructure security.
Q: What services can be used to create a centralized logging solution?
The required services that you can use are Amazon CloudWatch Logs, stored them in Amazon S3, and then use Amazon Elastic Search to visualize them. To move data from Amazon S3 to Amazon ElasticSearch, you can use Amazon Kinesis Firehose.
Q: Which of the following are benefits of centralized storing of logs?
Centralized logging has two major advantages.
- It consolidates all of your log records into a single location, making log analysis and correlation much easier.
- Second, it gives you a secure storage area for your log data.
Q: What is Amazon CloudWatch logs?
Amazon CloudWatch Logs allows you to monitor and troubleshoot your systems and applications using your existing system, application and custom log files. It also allows you to monitor your logs, in near real time, for specific phrases, values or patterns with CloudWatch Logs.
Q: What is AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM)?
AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM) is to secure access to AWS services and resources. IAM is to build and manage AWS users and groups, as well as use permissions to grant or deny access to AWS resources. IAM is a feature of AWS account that comes at no extra cost.
Checkout our related posts :
Q: What is CloudTrail used for?
AWS CloudTrail is a service that allows you to manage governance, compliance, operational auditing, and risk auditing of your AWS account. You can log, monitor, and manage account activity related to actions across your AWS infrastructure with CloudTrail.
Q: What is CloudWatch vs CloudTrail?
CloudWatchis a monitoring service for AWS resources and applications, whereas CloudTrail is a web service which records API activity in your AWS account. They are both useful monitoring tools in AWS. With CloudWatch, you can collect and track metrics, collect and monitor log files, and set alarms.
Q: What is the role of AWS Security Bulletins?
Customers are notified of one or more vulnerabilities through security bulletins. Customers must assess the effect of any real or potential security vulnerability in their environment.
Q: What is AWS Single Sign-On?
AWS Single Sign-On (SSO) is a cloud SSO service that allows you to manage SSO access to various AWS accounts and business applications from a central location. It allows users to log in to a user portal using their corporate credentials and access all of their assigned accounts and applications from one location.
Q: Which of the following are best practices for security in AWS?
- Create a strong password for your AWS resources.
- Use a group email alias with your AWS account.
- Enable multi-factor authentication.
- Set up AWS IAM users, groups, and roles for daily account access.
- Delete your account's access keys.
- Enable CloudTrail in all AWS regions.
Q: What are three AWS security monitoring and logging evaluation tools?
GuardDuty:GuardDuty is the "watcher on the wall".
CloudWatch:CloudWatch is the AWS monitoring tool for everything.
Macie:Macie is all about protecting data.
AWS Inspector:It is always nice to be proactive.